Thursday, May 20, 2004

Freedom...

the sense of being free. One thing i realized in past few years that one neednt move away from everything in search of complete freedom. Freedom is something thats within each one of us.

Lets see the dictionary meaning of freedom:

freedom n. The condition of being free of restraints.

there have been times when people wanted to seek freedom via renunciation of our daily responsibilities and moving away from it. this way they preached one will be free of restraints and free to do one wants to do. there will not be any bonds, constraints, restraints and without living the life as the society wants them to be.

but thats where i choose to differ. for me freedom is a state of mind. one can be among all the responsibilities, presures and constraints and still feel free. Freedom is to be among your so called societically acceptable life and still choose and do what u want to do and know that you are doing it. Thats what i would say is the one of ultimate state to attain. the power to choice and an understanding about ur decisions actually helps you move towards it.

like today i feel ok, i am stuck at this position but its after my choice that i am exercising. it terms of my life and career i have to ultimately decide what i want to do and where i want to see my self as. One thing is for sure i want reach the highest level of creative satisfaction i could get out of my work and life. thats what i look for.

If thats the case i guess i have to make most of all the opportunities that would take me towards that. all those irrespective if the come in my current position or in my current way of life, if i am moving towards it its fine. Then all the talk about stuck up and not going anywhere doesnt make sense. I am not going anywhere could be in the sense as society and the world sees me, but i am definitely moving towards my goals. thats what matters in the end.

I AM FREE

and honestly it feels amazing...

No comments: