Friday, July 23, 2004

the creativity of my thought

I have been reading Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" these days, havent finished it yet but love it like anything. I have been able to relate to the characters so much that it has made me look at what i want and why i want. the character of Hank Rearden makes me see myself in a different light altogether...the passion to produce for him, the importance of his work, and the drive to keep going on thru the thick of things is something i have come to admire...
 
i could see why i am so passionate about my work, why i am not emotional about things, why i want to keep working and creating...he represents me and how i am...not being able to understand what is going on around him...he is recognises that he is missing something...doesnt understand how the world is functioning....i dont know how things with change but till now he has started to see few things...like about the looters wanting to get an appreciation from what they are doing from him...then the category of people who are producers, users and looters....
 
i love my work...i love my thought..thats what keeps me going that what i want to do...keep my thought going via developing solutions...my thought and ideas are the mills producing steel and metal for hank...i seek and get a sense of accomplishment making them work and reach greater heights....that what i work for...i hate to see my potential getting waste...i hate to be idle and not working on something...i dont like if i am not able to work and keep creating...
 
i regard myself as a producer...producer of solutions...pushing myself to create them...i also face the same irony where there isnt people around me who can really regard me or see me like this...they are talk about emotions, vanity, love and respect...i do have that but not for people...
 
i think thats why i love reading such books because i find characters i dont find in real life...whom i can relate to...acknowledge and share their achievements...live my life thru them in some ways...but is real life lead like books...
 
no i guess not, thats what i have to come to terms with...if there are producers there will always be looters...one cannot avoid them, but then dont know how to deal with them...i try to deal with them but i dont know if i will achieve what i seek....one has to find ways to keep them in their place...minimize the damage...i dont know if i will find answers...lets wait to finish the book...
 
 

1 comment:

Senthil said...

Did you finish the book? I am sure you would have, but would like to know.